This is an 80% consulting assignment. Desired start is October 10 and the lenght of the assignment is nine months.
Our customer is recruiting for a Nordic Employee and Labor Relations Lead/Arbetsrättsjurist, located in Stockholm, Sweden. As the Employee Relations and Labor Relations (ER/LR) Leader for the region you will be able to use global platforms and a huge level of expertise from your colleagues in ER/LR to develop line manager capability in ER/LR tasks. You will have significant influence over local ER/LR policy for the region and work on both daily tactical and strategic projects.
The Nordic HR team works collaboratively to deliver business solutions that meet the current and future needs of our business. Our HR services, Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and Employee and Labor Relations team members are collectively integral to progressing our clinents business in the Nordic region.
Objectives of the Position
- To lead and manage a team of ER/LR experts to deliver outstanding services to our businesses within the region.
- To shape local ER/LR policy and further improve line manager capability when dealing with ER/LR related questions, mentoring your team members and managers on effective case management.
- To network externally and ensure standard process implementation in the Nordic region.
- Collaborate effectively with other pillars of HR ensuring a ONE HR approach to our stakeholders.
- Ensure company policy is maintained in accordance with Nordic Labor Law standards.
- To be a change agent to lead the team and our business through an evolving HR model.
- Conduct collective bargaining agreement negotiations and lead and develop our Nordic labor relations with unions and employee representatives.
- Drive and coordinate the Nordic DE&I agenda through active measures to prevent discrimination and harassment, and promote equality.
- Drive direct interventions with People Leaders and employees on most sensitive cases and or escalations.
- Deliver ER/LR training for ER/LR professionals, BUHR and People Leaders.
- Deliver ER/LR change and communications work, including, but not limited to, stakeholder management.
- Develop staff capability, knowledge, skills and understanding of the country or countries and work locations by organizing frequent functional/operational training and knowledge sharing activities for members of the team.
- Participate in significant workplace events (such as the planning and execution of RIF´s, M&A´s, etc. at the cluster/country level).
- Understand the Key Performance Indicators and operational metrics that are critical to managing service delivery in order to achieve Service Level Agreements and meet customer service standards.
- Interpret and translate business metrics into insights.
- Make recommendations on continuous improvement opportunities to enhance provision of services by reviewing and providing feedback on operational processes, policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions and introduce key improvement plans for execution.
What you will need to succeed
To be successful in this position you are a subject matter expert in Nordic labor law and will lead your team as the ´go to´ experts on all ER/LR matters in the region.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work in a highly matrixed business environment. You have high degree of independence to provide ERLR related support to key business partners.
You are an excellent colleague and have outstanding collaboration skills. You have the ability to establish a culture passionate about speed, accountability and continuous improvement while building employee-centric repeatable and balanced processes.
- A Swedish Degree of Master of Laws, LL. M.
- Specialized in Employment law and at least 8 years´ experience of working as an Employment Lawyer in one or more of the Nordic countries Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway.
- Significant experience working with all Nordic (Swedish, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian) Labor Laws, Labor Relations and change management.
- HR experience in a global matrix organization. Nordic HR experience with a concentration in Employee Relations and Labor Relations, with experience in amongst other areas researching, investigating, and addressing employee misconduct, below job performance standards, grievances, organizational changes, collective bargaining agreement and other union negotiations; providing direction to management.
- People leader experience.
- Experience in Relationship management, mentor and collaboration skills, with other leaders at all levels and key partners.
- Fluent in Swedish and English language.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV and Cover letter in English. The selection process will start during the posting period, please send in your application as soon as possible. We reserve the rights to close the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
About the client company
Our client company is an American pharmaceutical and medical technology company with over 100,000 employees. The head office is in New Jersey and the Swedish head office is in Solna.
The Place – Where happy work happens
Does this sound interesting and you still want to apply for the job? Good – you who manage to snag the spot also become part of The Place! As an employee at The Place, you are offered a skills network, mentoring and safe conditions. In The Place, you have a Worklife Partner who is interested in following and developing your working life over time.
Keyword: Employment law, nordic labor law